DO YOU WISH TO SELL YOUR OLD CAR?
You can sell it privately, which requires some legwork, patience and risk, or you can sell it in to a new car dealership.
If you would like to sell us your vehicle, we require a few things to do a proper appraisal.
First, one of our managers will be taking your vehicle for a test drive and a clean car will always be looked at more favourably.
Second, in an effort to make the process simple and easy, it would be wise to be prepared for the process by bringing the following items.
- Valid Registration. We must see the vehicle’s ownership and it must be provided at the time of the appraisal.
- Valid Photo ID. Bring a valid photo identification.
- Keys and Remotes. When trading in your vehicle, it’s important that you inform us as to how many keys and remotes that will be provided with the vehicle.
- Ownership. Please note that the person who’s name is on the ownership must be present.
- Vehicle Lien Information.
USEFUL TIPS IN ORDER TO GET TOP DOLLAR FOR YOUR CAR
- If you plan to sell your car privately, make the car presentable. Vacuum the floors and trunk, and remove any dirt and debris from interior surfaces, including the dashboard, seats and door panels. Fix obvious damages, such as a cracked windshield, worn out tires or broken headlights. Repair any dents and dings in the car’s exterior.
- Gather all service records. If you can prove that you have taken care of your vehicle with recommended service maintenance, it will help in obtaining a higher price (either at a dealership or privately).
- Be honest about the car’s true condition. It doesn’t pay to lie or mislead the buyer; the truth about the car will be revealed in time. We use the CarFax service to verify a vehicle’s history.
- Be realistic. Optimal prices are based on vehicles in immaculate condition, and few vehicles meet that standard.
However, if you do not want to go to all this trouble and expense, sell it to Mississauga Honda.