What is a Tire Balance?
A Tire balance is to tune up your wheel setup. It is done to make sure weight is evenly distributed.
How to tell if a Tire Balance is correct?
If your tires are not appropriately balanced, there will be some obvious signs such as faster tread wear and poor fuel economy. You will also feel a vibration in the steering wheel, the floorboard or the seat at higher speeds.
Why is a Tire Balance important?
A tire balance is done so the tires will roll smoothly and tires will last longer. You will also experience a smoother ride for having a well-balanced tire.
When to get a Tire Balance done?
- It is recommended to have the a tire balance done every 8000km or every two years at the very least.
- If you feel a vibration in the steering wheel, the floorboard or your seat.
- You get a flat tire and need to repair the tire.
- Buying a new set of tires.
- You notice uneven tire wear
- A weight that is used to be on the rim, such as a rim cover, falls off.