What is Tire Balancing?
Different wheel and tire setups can change the balance of weight on the wheel. At high, rotating speeds, this balance becomes very noticeable.
Tire balancing is done using precise machinery and weights to ensure that the wheel and tire have their weight evenly distributed around the circumference of the wheel.
How to tell if your Tire Balance is correct?
If your tires are not appropriately balanced, there will be some obvious signs such as vibrations when you're driving, faster tread wear and poor fuel economy.
Why is Tire Balance important?
Tire balance is done so your tires will roll smoothly last longer. You will also experience a smoother ride for having a well-balanced tire.
When to get a Tire Balance done?
- Every 8000km or two years.
- If you feel a vibration in the steering wheel, the floorboard or your seat when driving.
- If you get a flat, and a tire is repaired.
- When buying and installing a new set of tires.
- If you notice uneven tire wear
- If a weight that used to be on the wheel, such as a rim cover, falls off.