What is a Tire Rotation?
A tire rotation is essentially moving the wheels from one position to another to ensure even tire wear. If you drive an automotive vehicle, it is highly recommended to get a tire rotation done.
Why is a Tire Rotation necessary?
A tire rotation is necessary if you want to extend the longevity of the tire. Having a good set of the tire is cost-effective and ensures a safer ride for you and your passengers.
Is there a Tire Rotation that I should utilise?
For tires that are uniform and non-directional, there are 3 ways tires can be rotated
- Rearward Cross; for vehicles that are 4-wheel, all-wheel, or rear-wheel drive.
- X-Pattern: Recommended for front-wheel drive.
- Forward Cross: The most common pattern for front-wheel drives.
When should I get a Tire Rotation done?
- As recommended by the manufacturer
- Every 6 months or between every 4800 and 8000 KM